Windows updated its Cortana feature with its new update. Cortana is a personal virtual assistance on Windows. Like other virtual assistance, you can give voice command as well as by typing. It will provide information based on your previous data usage and the Internet.
Win 10 Wizard, Ashampoo Antispy and Win 10 Security Plus are other applications which help you customize your security of Windows 10 OS.
To start Cortana you need to customize your PC. Click on Cortana tab given in place of the Search bar in Taskbar.
Before starting to make sure following things: Cortana will require some information about your location and location history, voices, contacts, searching history, calendar details, content and communication history from messages and apps, and other information on your device. Cortana collects and uses your browsing history in Microsoft Edge. You can always change Cortana’s settings like what Cortana remembers in Microsoft Edge. You can turn off Cortana completely.
Click on use Cortana.
Before its completion, it will ask you to change your speech-language which Cortana use. You can find out language according to your area by clicking on given below link. For that, you have to go to Settings to change the language.
To use Cortana, your region, and language settings have to be aligned. Check the following list of regions where Cortana is available. With the corresponding language for each of that region.
Cortana is available in these regions for these languages:
- Australia: English
- Canada: English
- China: Chinese(Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
Note: if you change your region, you might not be able to shop at the store, or use things you have purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.
Update: if your settings are correct but you still cannot use Cortana, installing the latest updates might fix the problem.
To use Cortana, all these settings have to be set to the same Language:
- Languages(this is your system language)
- Speech language
- Country or region
To confirm that your settings are correct or to make a chance :
1. Open settings, select Time & language, and then Region and language.
2. Check the language(set as Default) settings for your windows display language. To get a new language, select Add a language, then choose one from the list. It may take a few minutes for the language pack to load. If you remove a language you can always add it back later.
3. Check the country or region setting. Make sure the country selected corresponds with the windows Displays language set in the settings language.
4. Go back to Settings > Time and Language > speech and make sure the speech-language settings is aligned with the previous settings. If the language you want is not available, follow the steps on the next tab to add it.
5. Sign out and then sign back in for the new settings to take effect.
Note: for mobile devices, make sure you have the correct setting for language, region, and speech under Settings > Time and Language.
- Go to language > Add language to add a new language.
- Go to Speech > Add a Language to add a new speech language.
For some languages, you might need to manually download a speech pack.
1. Go to Start and open Settings.
2. Select Time & Language > region and language.
3. Select the language you want to add to speech to, and then select the options button.
4. Under Speech, Select Download. It may take a minute or two for the speech pack to load.
5. Sign out and Sign in for the new speech pack to be added to speech options.
6. Go back to Time & Language, select a new language, and then set as default.
7. On Settings > Time & Language > speech, make sure the Speech-language settings is aligned with the previous settings.
8. Sign out and then sign back in for the new settings to take effect.