Command Prompt also known as cmd.exe or cmd is software used in Windows NT, Windows CE, OS/2, and eComStation. It comes pre-installed in Windows operating system. With the help of Command Prompt, One can perform basic as well as advanced tasks. In this post, you will see some basic tips of the command prompt, which will be useful in Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Command Prompt in Windows 10/8/7.
There are many ways to open Command Prompt in Windows OS. Few are listed below:
1. Right click on Start Menu and select Command Prompt. Command Prompt(Admin) can also be used from there.
2. Click on Start Menu, click on All Apps and scroll down to Windows System, click on Drop Down Menu and select Command Prompt.
You may like How to Download, Install, Run and use WinRAR Software.
3. Right click on Start Menu and select Run. A Pop-up will come.
Type cmd there and press Enter.
4. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete altogether. Click on File, a drop menu will come, now click on Run new task.
Now a pop-up will come, type cmd there and press OK button.
Command Prompt will open.
5. Press Win+X and select Command Prompt. Command Prompt(Admin) can also be used from there.