Microsoft Excel is a program developed by Microsoft that makes the use of a spreadsheet for doing work. It is very widely used especially for office and administrative activities to keep the entire records. It helps in calculations, creating various tables, graphing tools, saving important numerical data, arithmetic operations etc. It uses a structure of cells arranged in rows and columns. The shortcuts in Microsoft Excel will help you a lot to do your work very easily and in a fast manner.
Here is a list of important shortcuts for Microsoft Excel:
· F2- it helps in editing the selected cell.
· F3- it helps to paste the names after their creation.
· F4- for repeating the last task that you performed.
· F5- for going to a specific cell.
· F7- for spell checking.
· F11- creating the chart by using the selected data.
· Ctrl + Shift +; - for entering the current time.
· Ctrl +; - for entering the current date.
· Alt + Shift + F1- it helps in inserting a new worksheet.
· Alt + Enter- it will move the text to the next line in the cell.
· Shift + F3- it will open the formula window.
· Shift + F5- it will open the search box.
· Ctrl + 1- it will open the window with the option of format cells.
· Ctrl + A- it helps in selecting all the contents of the worksheet.
· Ctrl + B- to bold the selected section.
· Ctrl + I- to make the selected section italic.
· Ctrl + K- to insert the link.
· Ctrl + S- to save the currently opened worksheet.
· Ctrl + U- to underline.
· Ctrl + 5- to strikethrough the highlighted selection.
· Ctrl + P- for printing.
· Ctrl + Z- to undo the last task performed.
· Ctrl + F3- to open the excel name manager.
· Ctrl + F9- help to minimize the current window.
· Ctrl + F10- help to maximize the current window.
· Ctrl + F6- helps in switching between open workbooks.
· Ctrl + Page up- helps in moving between worksheets in the same document.
· Ctrl + Page down- helps in moving between worksheets in the same document.
· Ctrl + Tab- helps in moving between two or more open excel files.
· Alt + = - creates the sum total of all the above cells.
· Ctrl + ' – for inserting the value of the above cell into the current cell.
· Ctrl + Shift + 1 – uses comma format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Shift + 4- uses currency format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Shift + 3- uses date format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Shift + 5- uses percentage format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Shift + 6- uses scientific format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Shift + 2- uses time format for numbers.
· Ctrl + Arrow key- helps in moving to next section of the text.
· Ctrl + Space-helps in selecting an entire column.
· Shift + Space- helps in selecting an entire row.
· Ctrl + - - helps in deleting the selected row or column.
· Ctrl + Shift + = -helps inserting a new row or column.
· Ctrl + Home – helps in moving to the cell A1.
· Ctrl + ~ -helps in switching between showing the values in the cells or the excel formulas.
These shortcuts are very widely used in Microsoft Excel and can surely help anyone who uses them in their daily routine work. It will make the work very easy and you will be able to finish all your tasks without any hassles.